Multi-Gene Transcriptional Profiling (MGTP) is a real-time PCR based technique, developed in our lab, for quantifying mRNA copy numbers per cell with high reproducibility and accuracy.
Primary Goals of the MGTP Core:
* To make MGTP services available to investigators, and assist them in advancing their research and obtaining grants;
* To assist studies of molecular signaling mechanisms and pathways, discovery of biomarkers, and development of clinical assays; and
* To share the resources of our primer library, which currently includes about 2400 pre-validated human, and mouse genes.
The MGTP Core makes these unique and powerful capabilities available to biomedical researchers. Thousands of pre-validated primers are available for use, and others can be designed on demand.
Used for real-time PCR services.
"Multi-Gene Transcriptional Profiling (MGTP) is a real-time PCR based technique, developed in our lab, for quantifying mRNA copy numbers per cell with high reproducibility and accuracy. It:
* provides a quantitative view of systemic gene expression, and molecular fingerprinting of different cell types;
* enables rapid identification of biomarkers for clinical applications;
* facilitates exploration of interactions in the gene-protein network; and
* all genes in our library of pre-validated primers are available for measurement."
cDNA preparation from sample(s) for Multi-Gene Transcriptional Profiling (MGTP) analysis.
"Primer design determines the specificity and accuracy of gene expression measurement in quantitative PCR (qPCR). All primers used in MGTP are designed within gene-specific regions through rigorous BLASTing and are validated to achieve 99.5% - 99.9% amplification efficiencies."
"Customers can purchase primers directly from us. For each purchase, we provide a 500 ul primer solution containing a mix of forward and reverse primers for the gene and the corresponding sequences. A current list of more than 2000 pre-validated primers can be found at the MGTP core web link."