See it in Search
This page is a preview of the following resource. Continue onto eagle-i search using the button on the right to see the full record.
In vitro studies
• Isolation of adipocytes – counting the number and cell size distribution of adipocytes using our new coulter counter equipped with a multisizer (number and size of cells are determined on the same sample at the same time).
• Glucose transport and metabolism studies in isolated adipocytes or adipose explants. Insulin dose response (glucose transport, glucose utilization, lipolysis).
• Insulin or leptin signaling in isolated adipocytes – dose response.
• Glucose transport in EDL and Soleus muscle. Insulin dose response.
• Insulin signaling in EDL and Soleus muscle– dose response.
• Preparation and culture of primary rat and mouse pancreatic islets – Consultation, hands on training and protocols to obtain pancreatic islets, culture them and measure glucose-stimulated insulin release. The latter can also be used to assess quality of islet preparation.
• Preparation and culture of primary mouse hepatocytes – Consultation, hands on training and protocols to obtain primary hepatocytes, culture them and measure glucose production in response to glucagon and insulin. The latter can also be used to assess quality of hepatocyte preparation.
Service Provided by
BADERC Metabolic Physiology Core (HMS)