See it in Search
This page is a preview of the following resource. Continue onto eagle-i search using the button on the right to see the full record.
In vivo studies
• Glucose homeostasis: glucose tolerance tests, insulin tolerance tests
• Lipid homeostasis: lipid tolerance test, hepatic VLDL production
• In vivo measurement of glucose uptake in adipose tissues and muscle (Terminal study)
• In vivo lipogenesis in adipose tissues and liver (Terminal study)
• Body composition: DEXA analysis of body fat or bone density, carcass hydrolysis (terminal study)
• Animal models of insulin resistance (dietary, genetic).
• Signaling studies in response to injections of insulin, and leptin (Terminal study)- Experimental design and consultation.
• Measurement of hormone and metabolite concentrations – timing, stimulation, feeding status
• Euglycemic-hyperinsulinemic clamp studies- Experimental design and consultation only.
• Measurement of food intake in response to administration of orexigenic and anorexigenic agents
Service Provided by
BADERC Metabolic Physiology Core (HMS)