The Glycomics Core provides services, instrumentation and expertise in glycomics to BIDMC research groups, affiliated and non-affiliated institutions and corporate companies.
Mass Spectrometer used for oligosaccharide structural analyses and MS-MS analysis.
Chromatography systems (3 systems) including autosamplers, fluorescence and UV detectors, and fraction collectors to isolate, purify and fractionate glycan compounds for structural analyses and microarray printing.
Chromatography system used for glycan composition analysis.
Non-contact printer used for high precision printing glycan or protein microarrays.
Microarray scanner used to quantify fluorescent signals for glycan microarray slides.
Contact printer used for printing glycan or protein microarrays.
Mass spectrometer used for glycan profiling and structural analysis.
- Divers reagents are made available to the research community only for the cost of shipping and handling. Reagents are shipped overnight on dry ice or ice packs.
- Analysis of potential glycan-binding proteins (GBPs) and antibodies, inactivated bacteria or virus on various glycan arrays including CFG glycan array, microbial glycan array, NCFG-derived defined or shotgun arrays
- Printing of custom microarrays on glass slides using natural occurring glycans, commercially available or glycopeptides/glycoproteins.
Glycan microarray analysis is currently processed following NCFG and CFG request procedures. More information can be found on their respective website. It will be requested from investigator to briefly describe and explain the nature of their projects.
N-glycan and O-glycan profiling of glycoproteins – individual glycoproteins, serum, cells or tissues by MALDI- (Matrix-Assisted Laser desorption/Ionization) and other related technologies
Although the quantity of material provided to the core facility can be discussed on a case by case basis we propose the following guideline:
- Purified glycoprotein: 25 ug minimum, ideally 100 ug.
- Serum: 50 ul minimum, ideally 100 ul.
- Cells: 5.10^6 cells minimum, ideally 1.10^7 cells.
- Tissue: 100 mg, ideally 200 mg.