The TransLab is an innovative clinical and translational platform that bridges scientific discovery and clinical practice. Our mission is to:
• Provide integrative laboratory services to support clinical trials
• Accelerate the development of novel cell and gene-based therapies
An experienced and qualified professional staff performs the work in a quality-controlled environment. Importantly, the TransLab leverages existing core facilities when needed: flow cores (cell sorting), microscopy core (advanced imaging), genomics cores (sequencing and other assay), biorepository core (long term storage).
The core is supported in part by Boston Children’s Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer institute. We serve all academic institutions (locally and nationally) as well as biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
The TransLab provides a wide range of services from basic sample processing to the development of complex assays.
- Plasma, serum and cell processing
- RNA and DNA purification
- Cell isolation, small and large scale: PBMC, CD34, CD3, CD19.
- Immunoassays: ELISA, multiplex (Luminex MAGPIX®, MSD), Western blot
- Immunophenotyping/immunomonitoring (FACS, CyTOF™)
- RNA and DNA-based molecular assays PCR, qPCR, cloning, Southern blot, spectratyping (on sorted CD4 and CD8), KIR typing
- Cell culture: EBV-transformation, cell expansion, viral transduction
- Cellular assays: proliferation, differentiation, cytotoxicity, apoptosis, CFU.
- Custom assay development and/or implementation
The TransLab has a decade of experience in helping investigators move promising cell based therapies to clinical trial.
- Raw material selection & qualification
- Development of robust manufacturing procedures
- Product-specific characterization profile and release criteria
- Final formulation, packaging and transport solutions
- Stability studies
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Regulatory support (CMC section of IND, Appendix M)
- Technology transfer