The Core provides all of the tools of modern functional proteomics. Equipped with State-of-the-Art technologies for proteomics; protein profiling, protein identification, protein and peptide fractionation, and quantization. Personalized experimental design consultation, comprehensive individualized bioinformatics support.
The mission of the DF/HCC Cancer Proteomics Core is to develop a comprehensive and interdisciplinary proteomics core for High Sensitivity, High Resolution and High Throughput Proteomics with particular emphasis on in depth proteomic consultation, referral to the optimal proteomics facility and a strong focus on clinical sample analysis. The core will combine consultation, service and education into a comprehensive, translationally and clinically oriented proteomics core.
For protein and peptide microarrays.
For automated liquid handling.
For high performance protein fractionation.
Protein profiling and identification. "The Ciphergen Protein Chips technology uses different chromatographic surfaces for separation, detection and analysis of complex mixtures of proteins at femtomole levels)."
High resolution LC system.
Used for protein identification by extremely fast, automated MALDI-TOF peptide mass fingerprinting.
For Electro spray MS for LC/MS/MS
* Personalized consulting
* Customized data analysis and interpretation
* Web-based bioinformatics tools
* Comprehensive and innovative Bioinformatics and visualization tools
* Comprehensive annotation tools
* Identification of Global Relationships
* Incorporation of Biological Knowledge
* Pathway Analysis
* Publication ready figures
* The Bioinformatics Core is also responsible for software support and development
* phosphorylation sites
* protein modifications such as acetylation, methylation, and ubiqitination
* By µLC/MS/MS
* coomassie stain only, purified proteins
Includes coomassie and silver stained gel bands.
E.g. serum, urine, tissue, and cell extracts.
*Profiling by µLC/MS
*Multidimensional protein fractionation by µLC
* SILAC - stable isotope labeling of amino acids in cell culture which is a biosynthetic approach
* GIST - global internal standard technology, a post digestion peptide level labeling technique.
* ICAT - isotope coded affinity tag -based protein profiling
* ITRAQ - isobaric peptide tagging system that enables you to label all primary amines, regardless of peptide class