Analysis of air pollution samples: including gravimetric determination of particle mass from filter samples; chemical analysis for passive and active samples of pollutant particles and gases; instrumental analysis of elemental and organic carbon collected on quartz fiber filters; trace elemental analysis of filter samples, and ; reflectance analysis of atmospheric black carbon.
* ambient aerosol black carbon by optical reflectance method
* inorganic ions in aqueous extracts of air pollution samples
Used to weigh filters with atmospheric particles. Sensitivity of gravimetric analysis down to 0.001mg
Used to measure trace elements for filters with atmospheric particles.
For measurement of elemental and organic carbon for atmospheric particles collected on quartz fiber filters.
* aerosol and gaseous inorganics
* gravimetric particle mass
* black carbon (indoor and outdoor air using reflectance method)
* trace elements from Teflon membrane filters
* organic and elemental carbon particles from quartz membrane filters